Players (Youth) Code of Conduct
Players are the most important people in the sport.
Playing for the team, and for the team to win, is the most fundamental part of the game.
But not winning at any cost Fair Play and respect for all others in the game is fundamentally important.
1. Players will have a good attitude at training and matches.
2. Players will turn up for training and matches on time.
3. Players will show good sportsmanship and respect at all times.
4. Players will shake hands with opponents before and after the game
5. No jewellery is to be worn by players during training or a game.
6. Players must always wear the correct footwear and kit for training and matches.
7. Club kit must only be worn for matches and in clean condition.
8. Football boots must be clean and in good condition.
9. Players must wear shin pads during training and matches.
10. No eating or chewing during training or matches.
11. No swearing, bad language, offensive or racial remarks on or off the field (during matches or training)
12. No abuse (verbal or physical) shall be made towards any other player, official or supporter.
13. Respect the wishes of your manager and coach.
14. Inform your manager or coach when you have an injury.
15. Accept the decision of the match official without protest.
16. Avoid word or actions which may mislead a match official.
17. Show support for other Team Members.
18. Players will remember that opposition teams, visiting team officials, supporters and match officials are guests of the club and they will be treated with courtesy.
19. Players who are booked or sent off by referees will be responsible for their own fines.
20. Remember that you are a representative of the club at all times, therefore you must set the right example for others.
21. Players who have hair impeding their vision must tie back both in training, and in games.
22. Players will adhere to the footwear policy for the use of the 3g pitch at all times.
The club management committee will sanction players who ignore this code of conduct.
Sanctions will be:
1. First offence the player will be warned
2. Second offence the player will be suspended for a period decided by the club management committee
3. Third offence the player will be expelled from the club.
The management committee has the right to move directly to the second or third stage if the committee judges that an incident is so serious that this action is necessary.
Anyone sanctioned under this code has the right to appeal to Herts. F.A. within fourteen days of the sanction
This code of practice is not designed to restrict anyone's freedom but to set the standards of behaviour that are expected to ensure that everyone enjoys the football.